Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Delicious Whole Grain Cookies!

I'm really excited about this recipe. Its the first time I have come up with my own baking recipe. I am dieting but I have found if I don't have something to sweet to snack on than I lose all my senses and over eat. These were my attempt to combine sweetness and healthfulness.

2 sticks of butter, softened
1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
Cream together until fluffy.

Add 2 eggs
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Meanwhile in another bowl combine
2 c. whole wheat pasty powder or regular flour
1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Add to butter mixture and mix just until combined. Then add
2 cups oats
1/4 cup flax seeds
chocolate chips
chill for about 1/2 hour and bake at 350.

notes: You don't have to add the flax seeds but they do add a little crunch.
I have only tried this recipe with whole wheat PASTRY flour. Let me know if you try another kind.
I used old-fashioned oats.

No comments: