Monday, April 13, 2009

First try at Montessori


I haven't really done the research yet but I have been interested in Montessori since before I had kids so I felt confident that we could make a beginning. I set up a tray with polished rocks from the dollar store and a couple of cups from my cupboards. He has been transferring rocks for almost an hour! I've decided to do mainly one activity a day to start. He has the hardest time with stopping and starting and I don't want to push it.

I did check out a bunch of books from the library. I also looked through their amazing variety of learning toys. I think when we need a change or run out of stuff at home it will be such a nice resource.

Later this afternoon I'm planning to go to the dollar store to find a few things. Then, hopefully this week I'll get a shelf organized for him.

No comments: